|English||The Negros Museum|
Social Practices, Rituals and Festive Events
Education and Training
History and Culture
The Negros Museum’s secondary publics are its local and international visitors. With its prime location at the heart of the capital, Bacolod City, the museum is especially positioned to serve
March 16, 1996 was the official opening of The Negros Museum to the public. The original building that housed the museum’s permanent collection is a historic neoclassical structure built in 1925 which was formerly the capitol building where past governors of Negros Occidental held office until the early 1970’s. In 2003, The Negros Museum transferred to its new permanent home which was formerly the Agricultural Extension Building.
The Negros Museum is the first curatorial museum regarded in the Philippines that did not solely focus on precious artifacts and Negros history, but to the contemporary local works and stories of the artists as well. Local artists and artisans sell copies of their commissioned works at the Museum Shop.
The Negros Museum presents in a capsule the bounty that is history, art and culture of the people of the Negros Island.
Audience Development Programs
Artist Development Programs
|Contact Information (Organization)|
|Address||Old Agricultural Building, Gatuslao Street, Bacolod City|
|Tel||+63 (034) 433 4764 / + 63 (034) 708 5080|