| Basic Information
||Nepal Knotcraft Centre Pvt. Ltd.
| Local language
Knowledge and Practices Concerning Nature and the Universe
Education and Training
| Established year
- To research on plant fibers as raw material for weaving purpose
- To develop innovative products using plant fibers suitable for modern life style
- To preserve traditional plantfiber based cultural crafts and skills of indigenous communities
- To contribute to environmental conservation by producing and marketing eco-friendly products
- To help develop value chain system in plant fiber craft sector among rural and urban artisans
- To produce knotted products, recycled wood items and ethnic cornhusk dolls, in addition to plant fiber based products
- To economically empower artisans, especially women, through this sector
- Nepal Knotcraft Centre (NKC) is a pioneer manufacturer of knotted products, recycled wood items, ethnic cornhusk dolls and vegetative fiber goods in Nepal. It blends the rich traditional arts and skills of local communities with innovative natural materials and designsto provide employment to artisans.
- Most of our artisans are women from deprived regions. NKC manages the skill upgrading trainings, helps develop the prototypes and markets them.
- Fiber Weave is the brand of NKC. It is a part of larger sustainable development initiative undertaken to empower artisans and alleviate rural poverty using nature’s diversity.
- Using locally available plant materials, Fiber Weave’s products are hand crafted in Nepal by artisans from various ethnicities who inhabit the mountains, valleys and plains
- The products undergo eco-friendly process to increase their resistance to termites, fungus and humidity, making them long-lasting and easy to maintain.
- NKC and Fiber Weave Nepal ensure the quality, timely delivery and attractive good packaging of the products.
| Major Activities
- Researching on local plant fiber raw materials and native skills of various communities and developing the products on basis of their existing knowledge
- Empowering artisans through training on scientific treatment of raw materials, production and marketing
- Studying the value of traditional fiber items from the indigenous skilled artisans and innovating on its unique weaving traditions to create a blend of contemporary and traditional designs
- Helping to conserve nature through sustainable harvesting of raw materials.